- Home / Patient Admission, Hospital Stay & Discharge
Patient Admission, Hospital Stay & Discharge
- Patient reports to the reception of the hospital.
- Front Office Executive enquires about the patient’s problem.
- Front Office Executive refers the patient to the concerned department/doctor.
- Patient reports there, and concerned doctor investigates the patient’s case history.
- If required, patient is advised for admission in the hospital. In case of admission, the patient is being sent to Emergency department for Initial assessment by the CMO from where he/ she gets the admission request form.
- Along with the admission request form patient’s attendant is being referred to Admission & Registration Counter.
- Except for emergency cases, admission to the hospital is done once it is being recommended by the specialist during the patient’s outpatient consultation.
Before admission, the patient is counseled by the Front Office Executive regarding the treatment package, which includes
- Estimated bill cost.
- Average length of stay.
- Various modes of payment accepted- Cash/ Credit or Debit Card/ DD, personal cheques are accepted.
- Documents required for admission under cashless facility.
- When the patient arrives at the ward with the Coordinator, our ward staff will educate the patient to the ward and the facilities available. Patient will then be reassessed by the ward RMO – this involves taking a detailed medical history and ordering of tests if necessary.
- During the patient’s stay in the hospital, he/she will be attended by a team doctors comprising of medical specialists, assisted by medical officers. Every care is taken in respect of patient care, treatment (conservative/ surgical), meals, dress and health recovery.
- The daily routine in the ward includes activities such as ward rounds by doctors, medication, meals, visiting hours and bedtime. However, this routine may vary, as laboratory tests, x-ray, treatment and other procedures will take place when required.
- For all kind of diagnostic & therapeutic procedure, informed consent is being taken as per hospital policy.
- The patient’s medical records and information on their medical condition are confidential. We will only share this information with the patient and the next-of-kin. If the immediate family members wish to know more about the patient’s condition, they can approach the appropriate coordinator to arrange for convenient time to meet the concerned doctor.
- The safety and wellbeing of our patient is our utmost concern to us. We advise our patients to remain within the hospital premises until the concerned doctor discharges them.
- A discharge summary certificate will be given to the patient before leaving the ward. In case the patient needs a medical certificate, he/she has to inform the doctor or nurse in advance so that it can be prepared before the patient’s leaves
- The nurse will hand over the signed discharge summary which includes doctor’s advice on their further follow-up treatment, daily routine diet, and medication prescription and other relevant documents at the time of discharge. The doctor signs the discharge sheet of the patient. The final bill is prepared at the billing office.
- The patient has to settle all his bills at the time of discharge.
Dr. Himanshu Gupta
MS. Orth. (Gold Medalist K.G.M.C)
M.Ch Orth., FAJR (Germany, Japan, Singapore)
Read More »
Facilities & Infrastructure
24 Hrs Emergency
Read More »
Copyright © 2022 amicarehospital, All rights reserved.